Thursday, April 08, 2004

Hooray for Nothing!



I know I've been complaining here (this is one of those complainy blogs), but work has been a virtual vacation this past week. It's two weeks since I started my new position, but so far I haven't done anything new: this is terrific. More time to write, read magazines and compulsively recheck my blog.

I did notice today that my *title* in our time-tracking system at work has changed from "Senior Operator" to "Liaison - PresCtr Consultant". I'm blowing your mind right now, aren't I...! Well, hold onto your potatoes coz there's more...

...

... okay there really isn't more at the moment. I just wanted you to keep reading.

Did anybody see this crazy story on 60 Minutes II last night?

These two 12-year-old kids beat and stabbed this other 12-year-old kid over 30 times.

They're in juvie hall now and the question the courts are trying to sort out is whether or not they should be tried as adults. That boy they killed had been considered learning disabled and had once been diagnosed as slightly autistic. The two boys recently turned 13 behind bars.

How's that for a downer? Have I sufficiently bummed you out? What a world of shit we live in! How can you sleep??

1 Comments:

Blogger Raed Moustafa said...

These are accidents. Children do not know better. It takes a medical degree to be not tried as a child(ren,) I promise. (Consider God's rules when death and life arrive at a choice: His Rules). (He forgives (Forgives). (Understands - as we all). (There should be no blameworthiness in matters of "taking" life, today (leave these to doctors (physicians) to reason (privately and publicly). We stand before judges, juries, and executioners. Particularly with children. (Incarceration harms peoples' health!)

3/25/2023 03:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home