Wednesday, May 15, 2002

dear singles,

got back from my sister's wedding in chicago yesterday. long trip. lots of family. C met the filipino roots that she'll be acquiring through marriage.

i gave my toast. i was quietly anxious about it all weekend, and i was up at 6am on Sunday working it out in my head. all that work to not seem nervous. i had one too many glasses of wine right before i had to go up there, so i was trying real hard to focus and keep it together before they handed me the mic. but my head cleared up and i delivered my speech and everyone seemed to like it okay. only then could i begin to relax...

instead of throwing the bouquet to a crowd of single women, as the old tradition goes, my sister handed it directly to C., and said some very nice words about our upcoming wedding. then somewhere over the course of the festivities, SOMEONE STOLE THE BOUQUET!

TO THE PERSON WHO STOLE THE BOUQUET:
It is only a matter of time before we hunt you down like the dog that you are. There's nowhere to run. There's nowhere to hide. Surrender and we may find mercy for your soul...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home