Monday, May 06, 2002

Dear Proles,

Long weekend...

Attended wedding of Mike & Nancy. (The "re-wedding", actually. They got married in Las Vegas last year, and I think their parents forced them to "do it right." Doing it right, apparently, means doing it Filipino/Catholic-Mass style.) The after-party was lovely and relatively low-key... a possible template for me and C...

Went to the annual Asian American Heritage festival in Union Square on Sunday. I will not go into the roll call of people I did not want to see there, but you know who you fucking are. One person I was thankful I did NOT see was Yongsoo Park, one of the biggest vermin infesting the Asian American community in the early 21st century.

He's been putting the word out on Asian Arts lists that he's casting for a feature film. Then he calls me and asks if my fiancee might be interested in auditioning for the lead part. I explain that she's not really an actress first and foremost and that she's actually a playwrite. After he dismisses this as the ploy that it was, he hits me with the request for what he REALLY wanted: to use my DV camera and editing equipment to make his movie. What a dumb-fucking asshole. I'll take pleasure in watching him choke on his hack mediocre obscurity. He represents all that is wrong with the Asian American community. He is why we fail.

OK, I'll stop with this rant. I lose enough readership as it is.

Go see Spiderman again, people. It's not Asian. It's not perfect. But it's still pretty cool...

Oh, and check out Steve Huang's web page. (Or whatever it is.) Steve's still in my "good" book... for now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home