Monday, November 07, 2011

The Horrors of Harrowgate Academy for Boys

Hello, Constant Readers. I am endeavoring to return to this. This oddly kept writing exercise to satisfy your morbid curiosity.

The new script clocks in at a whopping 78 pages. Yes, it's anorexic. That's a scant 12 pages from being a full-length feature film, for those keeping score. The producer's giving it a look-over now, so I'm expecting the feedback should help me take it past the 90 page mark. I'm just glad the main thrust of the story is out of my brain and on the page. The hardest part is getting it out. And then making it better... well, that's hard, too. None of it is particularly easy. I wish my first drafts could be perfect. Then it would be an easier case of, "On to the next one..."

Daylight savings happened on Sunday and I missed it. Oh, it's not that I forgot to set my clocks back -- I didn't have to set my clocks back. We've reached a technological point where ALL my clocks adjust themselves. Except the one on the microwave. If I'd glanced at that, I would have realized the gift of an extra hour. As it is, the transition happened without my knowledge or participation.

It's fucking November.

I have such mixed emotions about it being November right now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home