Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brutality of Now

When I'm suffering a lean stretch, I tend to wait longer before getting a haircut. My hair can get really out of control. I'll tame it with hats or gel, for as long as I can.

I'll wait a little longer to do laundry, too. And I'll skimp on the dryer time. Instead of 34 minutes, maybe 18. That's the difference of a few quarters. Clear sign I'm suffering a lean patch is when I'm carrying wet clothes home from the laundromat.

When I'm facing so much uncertainty, it's difficult to maintain optimism. Hope. A sense that the hard times are a temporary affair. Confidence that a reversal of my fortune is not just in the vaguely defined future but imminent. Within grasp. A right at the next corner. You need optimism to get through it, to deal with people, to get any work done. It fuels you. It tempers the panic.

If you knew that you were going to win a million dollars next week, what would you do this week? I think most people would probably live a little better.

Got a new agent yesterday. My new agent is my former manager. I know, it's a little confusing, and the question becomes, "What's the difference between an agent and a manager?" It's a little hard to explain. Even though I have a better understanding of it than I used to. Bottom line is, I never really connected with my original agent. (Truthfully, I've had buyer's remorse about selecting him at many stages.) Now, I've got a great agent and a great manager and I feel the sense that the Team is stronger.

I'm managed by Prolific Entertainment. Repped by APA.

In other news, Rosie O'Donnell was voted the worst talkshow host ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home