Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I've Been Shockingly Nice

Let's get this out of the way, since I wrote about it openly here: MENAGERIE is dead. My take on the found-footage open writing assignment at Paramount. Apparently, they really liked the short story I wrote but will probably go with a bigger-name writer and a more "middle of the road" concept. But a few more people are now fans of my work, which could theoretically pay off down the line, so bust out the fireworks. Guess I'll just pay rent with I.O.U.s until then!

Some people say a career in the entertainment industry is like riding a rollercoaster. Because there are highs and lows, I assume. But really, it's a poor comparison because a good rollercoaster is FUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH. When you're barreling down a hill on a rollercoaster, it is exhilarating. When your career is barreling down a hill, it is fucking depressing.

Still. My team of reps has been reshuffled. We've got a few things waiting to go and we're about to make a serious go at television for the first time. Last week, I was talking to my new agent (former manager) about it and he suggested that I watch some television to familiarize myself with the medium.

Done.

I watch a truly despicable amount of television so I feel ahead of the game for the first time.

The past couple of weeks have been jarring with highs and lows, from almost every aspect of my world. I'm trying to reconfigure my life. Reevaluating the things I need and don't need in my life right now. I am capable of some remarkable cruelty when I'm properly motivated...

Everything's about to change.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home