Friday, December 18, 2009

Great Wide Open

So, Silent Reader. Would you care for an honest blog entry about the downwardly spiral of my life or would you prefer something frothier for your Friday...?

This is me endeavoring to keep it (mostly) frothy...

There's a lot I probably should be sacrificing right now to cut costs but this is where my stubbornness kicks in. Assuming that I'm eventually getting out of this financial quagmire, there's no use in me being *completely* miserable right now, eh? So I've kept my gym membership going, especially since there's a location pretty convenient to where The Tomb is located. Yes, it's another chunk of change every month, but it's a healthier practice that hopefully counterbalances some of my unhealthier ones...

Anyway, at the gym the other day, THE GREAT OUTDOORS was playing on the tv there. (Rather, a choppy edited-for-television version of it on E!) A movie scripted by the late, great John Hughes that was probably one of the key markers of his decline.

[Full disclosure: when I'm watching something @ the gym, I'm usually listening to an ipod and just watching the imagery of a movie/program on a mounted tv set. And so, when I started watching the movie-in-progress, I initially misdiagnosed it as "Uncle Buck", because of the presence of the late, great John Candy. And the fact that I've seen neither of these movies in many years.]

In any case, I get really into the whole "where are they now?" game when seeing movies like this. Of course, the internet facilitates the "research".

Remember these two ginger moppets?

Hilary and Rebecca Gordon. Featured in The Great Outdoors and, pictured here in their only other credit, The Mosquito Coast. Movies from the 1980s. WHERE ARE THEY NOW??

Well, okay, I feel slightly guilty because it seems they lead civilian lives now and I've pilfered these photos from an obviously private collection, but this is them today(ish). To satisfy anyone who was curious.

The real mystery, however, is WHATEVER HAPPENED TO LUCY DEAKINS?

Who the frakk is "Lucy Deakins"?!, you query...

One of my strongest boyhood crushes.

The Boy Who Could Fly.
Little Nikita.
The Great Outdoors.

Though she's apparently done a few requisite LAW & ORDER episodes, I can't seem to find a more adult picture of her.

I don't know what it was, exactly. She was just like the prettiest girl-next-door.

Apparently, she's a practicing attorney in a NY law firm now.

I bet she can afford a nice gym membership...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhat belated comment, but I seem to have found a more current picture of Lucy Deakins (aka. Lucy Arnold):
http://www.fulbright.com/larnold

Pretty sure that is the right person..? Anyhoo, there's my daily stalking quota reached!

5/23/2011 06:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home