Saturday, January 03, 2009

very special episode

retreated from the city for the weekend, to be with family, detoxify the mind and body.

the scene:

mother and sister watching one of my screeners in the living room...

... and me skulking about the kitchen, prying into cabinets, looking for any sign of booze.

before i leave, i'll be emptying bottles of vanilla extract and Listerine.

hey. don't give me that look. pain needs medication, dearies. i've got my share of pain at the moment.

the wee hours of january 3rd. i've been dry since... i guess the wee hours of january 1st. 48 hours on the fucking wagon is deserving of a pat on the bloody back, given my track record the past month.

it's good being away, though. the demons are still with me. want to put my fists through every mirror i see. but it's still better here than back at the fortress of inebriation... 'least for a few days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home