Friday, November 02, 2007

Shit Just Got Real

Pencils down means pencils down, people.

So long, Heroes: Origins!

NPR has their version.

Another take from BusinessWeek.

A personal take via Huffington Post.

A WRITERS STRIKE IS GOING TO BE CALLED.

We're not scaremongering. This is really happening.

(If you're unimpressed with the writers going on strike, just wait until the zombies hit the picket lines.)

I know I've been going on about this whole situation...

Well... shit just got real.

Thursday night, there was a huge WGA West meeting out in L.A., apparently packed to the rafters. Everyone's ready to strike. It's a complicated situation. Everyone agrees that a strike is our only real weapon. But the last WGA strike lasted nearly 6 months and yielded what most people agree was a very poor contract for the writers.

But really, management has been remarkably pig-headed with these "negotiations". And their 11th hour offer really is "unacceptable".

I need to be responsible and get me some regular civilian work. To cover me for a stretch, however long it lasts, and until I can get the career back to speed in the aftermath. It's going to be all right. These things happen. I just need to keep my wits about me.

"Oh, BOO HOO!" taunted the Gay Horse. "Ooooh, I can't get paid to write! New media this, DVD residuals that...!

"Isn't this all just an elaborate smokescreen for the real story? The shafting of the Gay Horse as the self-hectoring voice of Misanthropy Central?

"Couldn't take the heat, could you? Had to hire a hack raccoon scab?"


"I've got the same voice as you!" protested the Average Frustrated Raccoon, struggling against his wire enclosure. "And isn't frustration more appropriate for these times?

"Certainly more meaningful than a horse carrying a purse in his mouth, getting ready to go clubbing in Chelsea..."

"Homophobe!" aspersed the Gay Horse.

Commuter Shuffled 5:
1. "Surfin' Safari", Beach Boys
2. "Butch", Geraldine Fibbers
3. "Hoops", Chemical Brothers
4. "Halo", Foo Fighters
5. "Circus Envy", R.E.M.

Metrocard Refill Bonus
"Great Big White World", Marilyn Manson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home