Monday, October 29, 2007

3! 2! 1!

3-2-1 Contact on member-supported PBS, Channel 13. It's what I watched when I was home sick from school growing up...



I was usually feeling pretty shitty when I watched it. Just watching the opening sequence brings back a potent sense-memory of aches and pains and Campbell Soup.



"The Bloodhound Gang" would piss me off because they were always split up into multiple parts, and I'd never be home for conclusions to storylines. (This was before we had a VCR.)

In later years, this girl Stephanie Yu became a host...



Now, I remember this girl. IMDB does a poor job of tracking her, but I remember her taking on an increasingly prominent role. And I'm pretty sure she made appearances on Sesame Street, as well. (Yes, I watched all that kiddie crap way past the point I should've been watching, including Square One and Ghostwriter. Slave to pop-culture as I've always been.)

FACEBOOK alone claims 195 profiles with the name "Stephanie Yu". Name like that is a needle in the haystack of the internet! But I'm curious what's become of her, so here's a blog entry. If someone's got some answers, contact me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home