Wednesday, November 14, 2007

MaliceWorld

It may be a solipsistic worldview and I don't mean to imply that the world revolves around me... but assuming for a moment that it does, perhaps there's a good reason for this writers strike to happen in my life right now.

I think it's human nature to want to assign order to random, horrible, seemingly senseless events.

Going back to my old day job + filling out the forms + getting a new TEMP i.d. = one of the most depressing experiences I've had in a long while.

I dread going back, for a litterbox of reasons.

But. Again. Sense out of the wreckage. Maybe there's some value in me going back right now, for a while. Maybe the regular office hours will help me get some routine back. Maybe, in some peculiar way, it'll actually help me get some more writing done.

I don't know. I ain't fuckin happy. As positive and philosophical as I'm trying to be about all this, THIS STRIKE IS NOT FUN.

Certainly not for the new kid who was just about to take off.

WGA East is picketing the fucking DISNEY STORE Wednesday, 10am - 2pm. I'll be brutally honest, I'm not too excited about this one. The fucking Disney Store? Are we stretching it a bit thin here? Week 2? I feel compelled to go, but I'm pretty torn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home