Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Identification

You people don't know how lucky you are. Were it not for the fact that I couldn't make myself fall asleep at midnight, I wouldn't be writing this half-assed blog entry right about now...

The Letterman writers have their own blog now. Excerpt:
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN TELL YOU'RE READING TOO MUCH STRIKE COVERAGE:
  • IF YOU NO LONGER CRINGE WHEN YOU SEE AGENTS REFERRED TO AS “TEN PERCENTERS,” YOU'RE READING TOO MUCH STRIKE COVERAGE
  • IF YOU DON'T MAKE ANY DECISIONS WITHOUT FIRST CHECKING WITH NIKKI FINKE, YOU'RE READING TOO MUCH STRIKE COVERAGE
  • IF YOUR FAMILY TREE IS A STRAIGHT LINE, YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK
I'm trying to get to bed a little earlier than usual (usual being anywhere between 2am/4am) so that I can get to the old work place to get re-fingerprinted @ 11am. Not sure how long the whole thing is going to take. Thought about seeing if J-Goose would be available for lunch, but maybe she'll read this and txt msg me.

Good news and bad news. Good news is, I thought for sure I'd get saddled with some painful night shift hours and a pay-cut going back to the old job. But, miraculously, I'm getting my same hours and my same pay-rate.

Bad news? Going back to my old job. Step backwards.

Positive thoughts. In an odd way, it may help me get more focused with this script I'm revising.

Writers strike may last a while. Earliest predictions for an end: mid-January. As discouraging as that may sound, it's not really a long stretch of time. I could do 'at standing on my friggin head...

Tuesday Mourning Reads:
  1. Simpsons Writer Blog
  2. New Mother Weathers Strike
  3. Writers Strike East

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home