Sunday, April 22, 2007

CHLOË

I didn't get her back in the day. In the orange colored "Kids" days, and her subsequent journey through the fringes of Hollywood. She always struck me as sort of Artforum pretty. An arty alternative to pretty. I didn't really get it...

Now... I get it.

And I'm not sure why I should get it now. Or what "it" is. That intangible quality in someone that transcends everything on the surface. Beyond looks or talent. That certain something that inspires stalkerish blog entries.

I already adore Vice's DOs and DON'Ts, and Gavin's "... & Friends" video version is a welcome supplement. Some guest spots are understandably more entertaining than others, but... for my money... hers is magical.

I could sit next to her at a bar and just watch her blather on in strange tongues for hours on end, completely enchanted by every quirky aspect of her.

She's got a girl-next-door quality about her, now. Which is strange, because I always saw her as anything BUT the girl next door. It goes back to the "Kids" stigma. A hardcore adolescence. She's lived. She's done "The Brown Bunny". It's intimidating.

But then you see her in the DOs-&-DON'Ts videos, and she just seems like a girl. Not too cool for anything. Self-conscious about her own flaws. The kind of girl that reminds you how cool smoking can be. The kind of girl you want to share your hopes and dreams with. The kind of girl you want to let your guard down with...

... just enough so she can sink a dagger in you...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home