Friday, March 23, 2007

First Person Junkie


Caught a documentary called "TV Junkie" on the HBO. One of those things I DVR-ed without knowing anything about. Sounded kind of compelling, I figured it'd be good for a little T&A, maybe.

The documentary concerns Rick Kirkham, a reporter for the tabloid tv-show Inside Edition way back in the 90s. The guy shot film and video footage of nearly his entire life. The doc's got footage of him screwing strange women over the years. Footage of his kids being born. (Why do all newborns look like ghoulies?) In his adult life, he starts shooting video diaries, and he speaks candidly about his drug addiction. We watch him smoking crack. He even talks about getting it at "93rd and Amsterdam", which is like 3 blocks from where I live. (Note to self...)

Like I said, I didn't know anything about him going into it. I assumed this doc was assembled after his death. I think it's best to watch it without knowing anything because it makes it more suspenseful. At times, it feels like a snuff film.

Catch it on the HBO if you've got it. Or save it on your Netflix queue. It's Malice's Weekend Pick(R)!

I gotta... take a walk around my neighborhood now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home