Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Expensive Stuff That Doesn't Work


I tried plugging in my DV camera to test out a little video editing on my new machine, and the damn thing is having trouble communicating with my camera. Bloody Vista. Tried "a few different things" and gave up the struggle. For today. It's a little exasperating. You break open the piggy bank to purchase something, you hope it'll be able to accomplish the basics.

Similar song with the PS3.

Yeah, I picked one up, primarily to have a Blu Ray player. Yes, this is filed under "irresponsible buy", but what can I say? I love movies!

Anyway, the PS3 has some issues with different HDTVs. Particularly "antiquated" HDTVs that you buy from a guy in Queens who posted an advert on Craigs List a year and a half ago. Issues with resolution. It's a cumbersome explanation, but basically the PS3 fails to do something that the XBOX 360 was able to do from launch. Thankfully, this only affects a game I bought, and not any of the Blu Rays that I've tried out.

All right, who's bored with this entry already? Show of hands? Keep em up... one, two... do you have your hand up?... three, four...

Vista, PS3, it just seems like things that are thrown into the market before they're finished. TBF (to be fixed) at some blurry future date, via systems of patches. Like buying a boat with a series of large holes in it.

Nobody reads the comments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home