Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The New Yorker Subscription


Because one too many persons asked me if I read The New Yorker, I threw down the coin to get a subscription. Hey, I can read! I can read The New Yorker!

What I didn't realize was that when you subscribe to The New Yorker, they keep sending you issues even when you haven't gotten around to reading the last one. I've already got a growing stack of "American Theatre" I've barely cracked.

Don't get me wrong, I *like* The New Yorker. The writing's, like, good and whatnot. It's just quite a lot of WORDS to read, isn't it? I mean, really an excessive lot of words. Maybe if they spiced it up with more pictures of, like, celebrities and such. Less drawings! Some Fun Facts about movies. Would a little videogame coverage kill them? And how bout a one-page column by Stephen King at the back, blathering on about his old coot pop-culture sensibilities.

Maybe I can read a few when I fly out to see me sis this weekend. If I get bored playing "Music Quiz" on my iPod.

SHUFFLED 5 ALERT!!!
1. "The Great Collapse", NIN
2. "Roller Coaster", Blink-182 (hey, it's random)
3. "Lived in Splendour: Died in Chaos", Pop Will Eat Itself
4. "3 The Hard Way", Beastie Boys
5. "Stop Breaking Down", The White Stripes

!!!ACHTUNG BONUS TRACK!!!
"Angel with the Scabbed Wings", Marilyn Manson

Do yourself a favor, check out some Rock+Roll Hall of Fame performances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home