Monday, March 19, 2007

The Accidental Traveller


2:42am? 11:42AM? Either way, my red-eye flight back eastward is delayed about 2 hours, so after making my brother-in-law speed me to the airport, I've got a bit of time to kill. It's a small miracle that I got my laptop to access the airport wifi here, so I may as well blog.

It was a nice, zippy trip. My sister's well. Cat allergies gave me a sucker punch @ their place, but it was just a few days. No sales tax on anything up in here, which blew my mind. Buying things helps fill that god-shaped hole.

I'm dreading this red-eye. I don't sleep well on planes. And I should roll into NYC just in time for Monday morning rush hour. That might be an eff-load of rotten.

I like traveling. Not the actual travel, but uprooting and being somewhere else for a patch of time. Helps give perspective. Even on a superficial level, it's helpful. Getting outside your comfort zone.

But along the same lines, I sorta hate traveling. Hate traveling alone. A blip in the sky. Vulnerable to deletion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home