Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dark Madders

A week dwelling on amusement park rides and now an inexplicable week of Winona Ryder pictures. How many people can Misanthropy Central alienate...?

All right. A month into 2007, I'm still finding my rhythm. I am on the precipice of losing touch with reality/humanity. I watch anything and everything for inspiration: movies, documentaries, sitcoms, dramas, cartoons, videogames. Things I've seen, things I haven't seen.

Sometimes something will jog a memory that'll be useful to me. Some things will present a solution to me. Some things are good to see for what they do wrong.

Sometimes a single word can help me. A word that I know, that I haven't thought of in a while, that just says something succinctly. A single word can solve a lot of problems.

I submitted my first draft to Paramount on Friday -- got a call back from the Paramount exec Monday night. He read it over the weekend. It's looking promising. That's a huge hurdle overcome.

More detailed notes to come Wednesday, but we talked over the broad strokes and I know I can sort it out. Laying down the initial groundwork was the toughest slog. I've proven I can write a screenplay. Next, I'll prove I can fix a screenplay.

I can't believe I haven't worked in an office since September. This is the longest I've been out of a 9-5 since I graduated from college. On one hand, time seems to pass slower: I can do more in a day since I'm not losing a block of hours at a deskjob. On the other hand, four months have passed and it feels like one month.

One long, lonely month...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home