Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hope is Frail


Yeah, I've been revisiting Tom Fontana's OZ.

It slays me that Adewale "Wally" Akinnuoye-Agbaje has never used his actual accent in any of his film/tv roles. THIS is the first time I've gotten to hear his real voice and it blows me fukkin mind, yeh? (Made worse coz he's fielding stupid multiple-choice questions by Bacala and Howard Stern's girlfriend.)

For the time being, I'm fine in the Fortress of Solitude 2. But depending on how my career progresses, I really should like to find my Fortress of Solitude 3. I need more space. Yeah, I'm alone -- and it might be a while before I start going out with Winona Ryder -- but I think a little more square footage would help me mentally.

I mean, I'm not making excuses. Feng shui's an obvious scam. I don't NEED a separate office space to write. I can write perfectly fine in my little M-City prison cell. I can, have and will. I appreciate the psychological benefits of having a dedicated work space, a work space that's not cluttered, a work space that's free of distractions. And I aim to have that one day. But for now, I'm gettin by in my cramped, cluttered, distraction-heavy studio apartment.

When you're alone in the world, you can do whatever the hell you want to do. Because nobody really cares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home