Friday, January 26, 2007

Take Anything You Want


There's something Lynchian about this clip. Thanks to the Son of the Mourning.

Sets my mood properly.

Finishing the first draft of something is a raw feeling. By "first draft", I mean that draft that you feel comfortable enough with to share with people.

Of course, this is my first "first draft" that I've gotten paid for, and there's a lot riding on it. There's pressure to deliver. No one's holding a gun to my head, no one's gonna mourn a failed screenwriter. I just want to deliver. I need to make it work.

I loaded this script. I feel good about it -- but I feel uncomfortable saying that I feel good about it. I mean, I might think it's pretty nifty overall, but it ain't really up to me, is it?

So anyway, it's like a raw feeling, turning in my first draft. I've been chiseling away at this thing for the better of three months, in near perfect solitude, and now I've got to give it up. Take anything you want. I just want to work. And, eventually, have children with Winona Ryder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home