Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Final Solution


The hours counting down on my draft submission and my computers start flipping out. Had a bit of a scare this morn, trying to transfer a file from my laptop to my desktop. I swear, technology is a pain in the ass...

What I do, from a tech standpoint, should be infinitely simple. I create documents filled with text. It's a very basic template. Hasn't changed much over the years. No customization.

To work in the industry, you're required to use a specific application for these documents. Even though WORD is more than adequate to get it done.

So, here's my job: I write a text document on a laptop, transfer it to my desktop, print it and email it out. That's it. Why does this have to be difficult??? Just getting my laptop and desktop to shake hands becomes some sort of fucking Israeli-Palestinian conflagration...

Vic Mackey would know how to sort this out... (check it out, blop-op.)

And here's something I just ran across that makes my head hurt, especially coz I've been watching Luis Guzman on Oz:

Luis Guzman and two lesser-known actors eat cheese.

[The first one's a doozy. The oddest celebrity endorsement since Robert Loggia was selling orange juice...]

And another thing: Dying Fossil Shark Speaks Japanese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home