Thursday, September 07, 2006

No One's Gonna Bother Me Anymore...


Foreshadowing... all those entries about sleepless nights... what kind of pattern is my body clock going to adopt when I've got nowhere I need to "clock in" at 8am?

Last night... made myself an overly elaborate dinner... fell asleep way too early (9:30ish)... woke up way too early (1:30ish)... four fuckin hours and my body convulses back to life... no wonder my eyes are perpetually bloodshot, the amount of sleep I never get... I'm no morning person but I always seem to be up to watch the dawn...

But clocking in, the day job, this last month... none of it really matters anymore. Coming in late, clocking out early, taking extra long lunches. Nobody gives a fuck. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again...

Didn't matter. It didn't mean anything. When I was broke, I'd go out and rob some more. We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home