Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I've Gotta Outrace the Speed of Pain

The tattoos I got on my hands last Friday were particularly painful, due to the concentration of nerve-endings on the hands. And the proximity to bones. But that's part of getting a tattoo -- they say you've got to earn them...

The tats are relatively small so the whole process didn't take that long. When the pain grew excruciating, I just thought to myself, "This is what you deserve..." and the pain quickly abated. I'm not sure what's more fucked up: that I should think this way or that thinking this way actually helped me manage the pain.

Okay, so I'm fucked in the head. Big surprise.

honestly-whogivesafuck.blogspot.com

People ask me what these new ones signify. I'd rather people just figure it out than make me explain it. They mean a lot of things to me. They belong where they are. The idea came to me and I just knew...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home