Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Heavy Rain


The downpour last night was biblical. I still walked home from the theater because I'm a masochist. This city needed a good rain to scrub the streets clean.

I am a cold and unforgiving human being. That would make me sad if I stopped to think about it for too long. What have I been through that's rendered me this way?

It's survival and evolution. You suffer a setback, you figure it out and you move on. You adapt. The skin thickens.

There are things I need and things I don't need in my life. I won't sit here and gaze at my scars.

Got about 5 hours of sleep last night. That's not bad for me. Could have slept longer if I didn't have to go to work. Got home late and had to send out some follow-up emails before I could retire. I'm still tired today, but I'm catching up. I'm going to skip the theater tonight. Go straight home and get some work together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home