Friday, August 11, 2006

Blood & Rain

It came down torrential last night!

I'm at the Times Square Virgin Megastore and I just need to go home. My umbrella's leaking and my work clothes are soaked, but I just figure I'll head over to the Rockefeller Center subway station.

By the time I get down into the station, I'm fucking drenched. I'm standing on the platform, patiently waiting for my appropriate train. I touch my face and my hand comes away with blood. I've gotten a fuckin nosebleed. I dig through my bag and can't find any tissues. I end up tearing off a piece from the last page of a script I've got printed out and stuffing it up my nose. Wasn't working and I just know I've got blood smeared all over my face by now, and the thought of a trainful of people staring at me like I'm the Black Plague sickens me, so I fucking flee the station and head back into the rain with my leaky umbrella...

You can never find a cab in the rain, and even if there was a free one I knew I'd be a tough sell -- dripping with blood -- so I just start walking home in the downpour.

To make matters better, my iPod starts freezing up.

Rain is streaming down through the fabric of my shitty umbrella, blood is gushing through the crumpled script page in my nose, and my iPod is stuttering music in my ears like it doesn't remember how to play it. And all I can think about is what a wonderful world we live in.

Still trying to resuscitate my iPod today. Fucking thing thinks it's switched on "Hold". Won't even let me do a manual reboot. I've cleared it off, updated the software, and it's currently reloading all the songs (which should take hours yet), but I fear the "Hold" issue is still a problem. You're not on HOLD, iPod! I'm on HOLD! My whole fuckin life's on HOLD!!!

Christ wept, I hate glitch-ridden Apple products...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home