Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Best You Can Is Good Enough

Don't ask me why -- and I'm certain this too will fade in a few minutes -- but I'm feeling incredibly... optimistic this mourning...

Settle down, nothing's happened. Nothing's changed. Nothing's developed. Maybe it's the Thursday talking. Maybe I'm hopped up on the free hot cocoa from the machine at work. Maybe it's the fleeting realization that I tend to see things far worse than they actually may be. (Maybe I'm just like my mother -- she's never satisfied.)

But I'm feeling more at ease with where I am and what I'm capable of. (Understand that even as I type that, the feeling is slipping away...)

More writing this weekend. Mostly redrafting, but hopefully I'll get to some new material. Too many distractions and I can end up staring at my ceiling for hours on end. I need blinders for my train-of-thought.

Here's my

SHUFFLED 5 for THURSDAY:
1. "Intergalactic", The Beastie Boys
2. "Sail to the Moon", Radiohead
3. "Only Son", Liz Phair
4. "2 More Dead", RJD2
5. "Wake Me up When September Ends" (live), Green Day

BONUS TRACK!!!
"Don't Pass Me By", The Beatles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home