Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Killer in Me is the Killer in You


I hate writing. It's solitary and violent. A fucking war with myself to get the right words onto the page. It is miserable and arduous and mostly thankless, and it's my life.

Need to get taxes done and need to finish writing this script.

Writing spec scripts is a thankless chore. A screenplay, a television pilot -- these things aren't art. They're stuffing for a portfolio. They're letters in a bottle that you throw into the vast, heartless ocean. Odds are, they'll reach no one. And you'll be stranded on your lonely fucking island till you die.

A script isn't art. It's a blueprint for art.

I don't believe that completely, but enough people believe it that it's true.

I need to get this done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home