Thursday, March 24, 2011

Phenakistoscope

Phenakistoscopes were early animation devices that created the illusion of motion.

Below is a neat little video that shows how these devices can be brought to life with a strobe light.

LED Strobe Animation Device from Lorelei Pepi on Vimeo.

I made the above animated gif using the same principles.

Pret-ty, pret-ty neat, huh?

I would have made a few more but in case I haven't mentioned: I'M IN THE WEEDS!!!

As feared, one of my managers called Wednesday afternoon to check in with my progress.

I don't *think* they know about or pay attention to this blog. Not that it matters because the bottom line is, I'M IN THE WEEDS!!! Of all the things I need to be doing, making animated phenakistoscope gifs is perhaps the lowest priority.

It's Thursday. Far too late into March than I want it to be. It is a dark week for reasons that will not be discussed here. However, we make the best of what we have and we try to move on. Slightly more haunted. Incrementally more aware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home