Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rockstars Anonymous

Ended up at a bar Saturday night. The stand-by watering hole, O'Flaherty's along Restaurant Row. Live two-guitar band there, as there usually is. Wasn't very crowded and they were letting people come up to sing songs with them.

I was playing pool badly. (The only way I know how.) A guy came up to sing some Counting Crows song with them, poorly.

My friends kept pushing me to sing something.

I eventually relented.

I'm a pro at karaoke but I've never sung with a live band in a public setting.

I chose the safest thing I knew, that they had the chords and lyrics for: Radiohead's CREEP.

Bar wasn't very crowded and it shouldn't have been a big deal but for some reason I was trembling like a fucking leaf. I was trembling like a little girl! My right leg would not keep still, even though I was singing on key and making a strong go of it.

Gotta say, though... it felt good.

Few drinks later, I ended up singing another song with them but I can't recall what it was. But as I was leaving, the bartenders were taking the piss and calling me "Axl" so... it was probably one of the classics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home