Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Eternal Elsie

I'm not fond of having to juggle projects. Currently, three film projects I'm trying to get off the ground. Including one I don't even have a name for yet.

The most important one is called CADAVERS. I'm in the early stages of a 2nd draft. I'd call it my highest priority of the three because it's the furthest along and the closest to being "there". By "there", I mean that elusive point at which the script is strong enough for everyone involved to go batshit and scramble to get it made.

Alas, the nature of juggling projects being what it is, I've been focusing my efforts on the UNTITLED PROJECT for the past few days just to get it up to speed.

So, today's entry, I'll tell you about a character in CADAVERS. If only to keep it fresh in my head.

CADAVERS is loosely inspired by the Bodies Exhibit. ("What if those cadavers came to life one night...?") I won't go into story specifics except to say that my take on the story takes some cues from the classic Frankenstein narrative. What happens when men try to play God?

One of the cadaver characters in my movie is named Elsie. A little girl who finds herself brought back from death. Little to no recollection of her cause of death, she runs about the dark museum participating in chaos. She has a little cadaver puppy that she's adopted as a pet. In turn, there's an older, Amazonian cadaver woman named Sadie who has essentially adopted Elsie and spends her narrative chasing after Elsie, defending her against any perceived dangers.

I love Elsie. She's adorable and she never dies. Elsie is unkillable. As long as I'm in control of the world, at least.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home