Friday, January 28, 2011

I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind.

I've a friend that I met at a Meet-Up group a few years ago. A self-improvement psychopath. His Facebook status-update feed is just this relentless succession of awakenings and epiphanies, hopping from different religions to different philosophies. He shared his blog with me once and it's even more insufferable. He preaches from a book that keeps changing. And however he's living his life RIGHT NOW is how YOU should be living your life. Right now.

He's like a living parody. A satirical imitation of life.

I'm always trying to better myself in different ways but I try not to shove it down people's throats. In fact, some things I prefer not to share with anyone unless I absolutely need to.

That said, humor me as I share a relatively innocuous thing I'm trying to sort out...

I've come to realize that I've got a bit of a concentration problem. I have a hard time clearing my head. It can probably be tracked back to any number of traumatic things from my childhood and adolescence. The fact remains, my train of thought it always rolling. Makes it difficult to fall asleep at night. Makes it harder to write...

For a while, I thought it made my writing more unique—but I've come to realize that it's actually hindered my writing. If I could focus better, maintain some clarity in my skull a little longer, I'd have an easier time writing. Instead of the war it's always been. It's so easy to get accustomed to work-arounds, you get to think that's the way something ideally works.

So, what's it going to be, then, eh?

Meditation.

It may sound like bullshit but I need to get it down. So far, I have been awful with it, but I need to keep working at it...

1 Comments:

Anonymous fedup said...

What a coinkidink, I'm trying the same thing. Hopefully it'll work for both of us.

1/28/2011 06:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home