Friday, January 08, 2010

Eve of Destruction

Today, I am 34.

How do I celebrate?

First off, by wasting my "WGA Preliminary Screen ballot". Today's the deadline for casting your nominating vote. Unlike previous years where every film released within the year was automatically in the running, this year the production companies had to actually submit a form for each movie they wanted to nominate for this.

Each member can vote for "up to 5" of the movies in each category.

My votes...

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

(Note: I would have voted for INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS but this was inexplicably not submitted for WGA consideration.)

Therefore, I cast my votes for the following:

"The Hurt Locker"
Written by Mark Boal

"The Girlfriend Experience"
Written by David Levien & Brian Koppelman

"The Hangover"
Written by Jon Lucas & Scott Moore

"World's Greatest Dad"
Written by Bobcat Goldthwait

"Zombieland"
Written by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick

[Please note, I've only actually seen two of these.]

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

"Coraline"
Screenplay by Henry Selick; Based on the book by Neil Gaiman

"Sherlock Holmes"
Screenplay by Michael Robert Johnson and Anthony Peckham and Simon Kinberg; Screen Story by Lionel Wigram and Michael Robert Johnson; Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson were created by the late Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"Star Trek"
Written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman; Based upon "Star Trek" Created by Gene Roddenberry

"Where The Wild Things Are"
Screenplay by Spike Jonze & Dave Eggers; Based on the book by Maurice Sendak

"Hannah Montana: The Movie"
Written by Dan Berendsen; Based on characters created by Michael Poryes and Rich Correll & Barry O'Brien

[I've only seen three of these.]

Congratulations to everyone who became parents yesterday. Please note my restraint in explicitly blogging about it even though nobody actually reads this blog.

Friday night, I'll be at BARCADE, F.Y.I. Game Over, man. Game Over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home