Monday, December 28, 2009

Poor Character Design: Bayonetta!!!

The clock winds down on 2009 (and the decade of the Double-Oh's, as this blog will hereafter refer to them as), and we're wasting today on a videogame-related entry.

Not entirely videogame-related, to be fair, but this paragraph will be. Because I'm a (sporadic) poor, I get most of my videogame kicks by borrowing games from friends and downloading/playing free demos of games. Which is how I stumbled upon SEGA's "Bayonetta".

All right, to be completely truthful, I was first exposed to this intellectual property by watching a special on videogame "booth babes": pretty girls hired to dress up in videogame-themed costumes at videogame conventions. That's where I first laid eyes upon the IP fashion atrocity known as "Bayonetta":


She resembles some kind of Project Runway disaster. A hot tranny mess. Elvira-esque hair with red ribbons, gun-heel shoes, a large round Flavor-Flav-esque pendant accenting her cleavage, Sarah Palin glasses... and, in action, butterfly wings?!!? Need more? In the cockamamie context of the game, her entire costume is actually COMPOSED OF HER MAGICAL HAIR. (Don't even know where to begin with this.)

I know that male heterosexual gamers should not be paying attention to fashion (or watching Project Runway), but come on now. She looks completely retarded and I haven't found articles about this which means I've got to be the one to call this out on the internet.

The game itself has been getting the heighth of buzz. (Though the demo didn't really make me feel compelled to play more.)

Bayonetta: Worst Character Design Ever. Epic fail.

1 Comments:

Blogger Das Anti Nazi Brötchen said...

The only fail here are you.
Also, learn to write a proper "article".

11/09/2014 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home