Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Je Veux ta Revanche

Let's break down the past several X-mas Seasons...

2006
Uncertainty but this was my breakout year. Around this time, I was in the midst of a 3-month "sabbatical" from Bear Stearns as I cranked out the first draft of the "Butcherhouse Chronicles" film adaptation.

2007
More uncertainty. The Writers Guild Strike forces me to return to Bear Stearns to ride things out.

2008
Post-WGA Strike, post-Bear Stearns, bumped up by some additional "Butcherhouse" development funds but utterly devastated by a bad romance. This was a horrific holiday season.

2009
No romances. This year, I literally went for broke with the career. And I blewwww it!!!

New homebase in a lousier location, complete with roommates and a cat. I have epically failed at finding work this year—both "vocational" and "making-ends-meet".

I have never lived this irresponsibly for this long.

I don't know what I am doing.

I am doing the best I can.

I don't want to be friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home