Saturday, September 19, 2009

Life is Crap

A message brought to you from your friends at GaffneyCorp Ltd.

I watched the final episode of Guiding Light on Friday. I've never watched more than 2 seconds of a daytime soap opera in my life but I wanted to see what the finale for a 72-year-old series would look like. I'm a writer, I understand the mechanics of drama; I might not know the characters but surely I'd be able to appreciate the form on *some* level...

Over the course of ONE fast-forwarded commercial break, the episode skipped forward A YEAR. Women who had just gotten pregnant suddenly had babies in their arms. Nearly the entire episode looked like it was shot in some park. People up there spend their entire lives in the park. Going on walking dates, accidentally bumping into people they know. I guess it's cheaper and faster than lighting interiors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home