Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hatchery

My days and nights get ever more twisted. You could rifle through the archives here and bring up evidence of worse times in my life, but this is certainly one of the darkest. And it's so strange to think it all hinges on money, this time.

Series of dreams last night. Some really curious ones. But the one image I can recall, hours after the rest of the loose narrative threads have drifted away:

I was holding an egg. I don't remember what I was going to do with it. Cook it, maybe. But not immediately. I seem to recall it being a regular chicken's egg but then again it seemed a bit larger. Maybe the size of an ostrich.

In any case, I was holding onto it and it spontaneously began to hatch. Shell cracking outward, pieces falling off, the shadow of movement glimpsed through the darkened interior of the vessel.

I was surprised because I didn't realize it was a live egg. It lay on the floor and I waited for it to break out fully, but it didn't quite. It was a bird and it was alive and it had partially cracked through its shell, but it didn't quite emerge.

Quick GOOGLE "dream symbols" search later...

Hatching egg = Delayed success

That's pretty obvious, I think.

(I just hope my success doesn't arrive posthumously.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home