Thursday, June 04, 2009

Pretty Little Hate Machine

I'm not normally this blatant here, but I officially did NOT score the gig to rewrite "Golden Gate". Had a conference call to pitch my take on Monday night. My agent emailed me Wednesday night, said the producing team thought I was on the same page with them but I "wasn't specific enough".

Honestly, my heart wasn't into it. Of all the writing assignments I've chased after, this was probably the one I was least ignited over...

... and yet...

... it's still a bit of a bummer to not get it.

Like going on a date with someone you're not that into. You still want them to want you. You want to be in the position of power.

I gave it what I could.

Focusing on two projects for the remainder of this week. (One I just sent out into the ether about an hour ago...) If I can temporarily get both projects off my plate this week, there are some other Glengarry leads I can pursue over the weekend.

Got two random phone calls Wednesday night. it's like the universe senses when i shouldn't be bothered and THAT's when it chooses to distract me.

Suckage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home