Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Not Meeting People is Easy

June 2009. I've been chasing after my career so hard, it's so easy to lose any semblance of a social life.

"Oh, boo hoo! Malice is feeling lonely! The poor writer is not having as much fun as he thinks he should be having! What a unique idea for a blog entry!"

Seriously, I'm up late every night working on story structures, jumping from project to project, fielding conference calls, endless revisions. It's a stimulating challenge but it amounts to a lot of work.

"The writer is whining because he has to WORK for his money! What kind of senseless world do we live in where this is considered reasonable??"

Look, I'm not looking for any kind of sympathy. It's just that the challenge of managing my time for the work, and trying to simultaneously live on East Coast and West Coast time, has been murder for any regular social engagements. I'm always on the clock. It's so easy for me to fall off the radar.

I ought to be meeting new people. Living a life instead of constantly writing about other people with lives. Experiencing the world.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home