Friday, March 20, 2009

Take a Walk on the Wild Side

Little Max never once gave it away...
Everybody had to pay and pay...

A hustle here and a hustle there...
New York City is the place where they said,
"Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side."
I said, "Hey Max, take a walk on the wild side..."

As far as I can tell, Spike Jonze has turned Maurice Sendak's book into a tale of child prostitution in Muppetland. And I can't wait.

I never knew that Sendak originally intended the book to feature horses until he realized he couldn't draw horses. I'm all for coming up with creative ways to conceal my weaknesses.

One of my weaknesses: I'm not the fastest reader. I'd routinely get the latest HARRY POTTER book spoiled for me via office chatter; when there were still new Harry Potter books, when I worked in an office.

So, while it may not seem like a big deal to some of you, the fact that I managed to power through a 414-page novel in one night in order to pitch a film adaptation of it on Thursday... well, it was quite a feat. I never even did anything like that when I was in school. It's remarkable what you're capable of doing when you really fucking need to.

Friday aft, I've got a follow-up call with the same producer. About the book adaptation and a House of Usher adaptation. Curiously enough, there are a lot of thematic similarities. And I'd better be able to score at least ONE of those gigs.

Speaking of scores and the ability to do remarkable things...


1038.

New High Score, Mothafrakkaz.

This really happened.

Thursday afternoon, on very little sleep.

Final BATTLESTAR GALACTICA tonight. Two hours. I'll be watching it alone because I am the loneliest frakking nerd in the galaxy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home