Thursday, March 19, 2009

Variations on the Same Old Blog Themes

Blog entries about blog entries are a uniquely repellent 21st Century strain of navel-gazing, wouldn't you agree...?

I could argue that, as a writer, maintaining a blog (or two) is a beneficial writing exercise that keeps me moving forward creatively, but honestly it is clearly a form of procrastination.

It may release some exhibitionist steam, but it's not like I'm building something greater, am I? Even a terrific blog entry amounts to little more than a minute or two of mild amusement.

My tracker application informs me that the most perennially popular entries are:

Posthumosity
Galaxy of Emptiness
New York Comic Convention

Those attract the most unique hits. Make of that what you will.

Tuesday night, St. Patrick's Day, I went to a few pubs and got fairly hammered. Woke up with a splitting headache Wednesday morn...


... yet somehow managed to have one of my strongest workouts in a while.

Wednesday night, NYC in the balmy mid-to-high 50s. Wanted to go out but forced to stay in and read a 400+ page novel for a conference call on Thursday.

Natasha Richardson has a posse. 45 years. Skiing is barbaric.

Who's getting the third posse in this trilogy? (We're all looking at you, Steve Guttenberg.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home