Monday, March 30, 2009

Fuck Up Beats

Had to cross through Times Square to see Labute's latest play on Sunday and it occurred to me how I usually try to avoid crossing through Times Square at all costs. It's weird because it's such an iconic location, exploited in so much pop culture that it's amazing that it still gets used. I suppose it's an easy visual representation of the throng of modern society, bombarded with advertising and "culture". In reality, it's a big sucking tourist trap that's hell for walking because the crowds are filled with zombie-like out-of-towners gawking at the lights.

And the big Times Square Virgin Megastore is closing. What the fuck is that about?

But yes, there is the theater world. I miss theater. Every time I see a play, I miss theater. I've got a theater agent who I haven't spoken to in over a year because I've been so focused on launching the film career, but there's so much more I want to do in theater. I may always be regarded as a tourist in the theater world, because of the film thing, but as along as I can get a few more plays out of my system before my untimely death... I might be okay with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home