Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mission: Impossible

Honeymoon's over.

Now, the panic.

Butcherhouse lives. A lot of enthusiasm for it at the studio. They really want to make it. But I've still got to crank out a major revision before we get officially greened.

Monday, I was given a deadline: four weeks from LAST FRIDAY.

I was prepared to do fast work but somehow knowing I've got this firm deadline makes it a whole lot more scary. Especially because everyone else needs to be able to read it before the head of production gets his hands on it, ergo it needs to be done BEFORE the 12th.

So why the fuck am I writing a blog entry?!

Because I'm freaked out and need to vent.

Entries may get more irregular around here. I may still post because I'll need the outlet to vent, but clearly I've got work to do.

When I worked at Bear, I routinely dealt with obscene deadlines. I can handle this. I know how to do this. I'll make this work because I have no choice. I've done it before, I'll do it now and better.

You may not see me for a while. Forgive me for anything I may have to miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home