Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tense Hours

About ready for a "real" blog entry, constant lurkers?

This is an extremely tense week of conference calls. Setting the stage for the next level of my big studio project.

It's part of the process. Every idea and new direction needs to be vetted and approved by the higher-ups. It involves discussion and debate and appeasement. A lot of talk before I get to do any real writing.

Everything is riding on this. My life is on the line. If I can't make this work, Hollywood will dispatch a "Mercy Assassin" to visit me and put me out of my misery for good.

(I'm not being melodramatic: this is in my contract.)

This is the only thing in my life.

You know when you're on a roller coaster and you're riding up that first big hill—the one that generates enough kinetic energy to get you through the remainder of the ride? That's what this project is for me. It's that first big hill. There will be more hills to generate more energy along the way, but I need this first hill to generate the kinetic energy budget to reach those future hills.

Or else the ride stops and I get taken out of the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home