Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oneironaut

An oneironaut is one who travels through dream worlds and/or explores alternate realities.

Another common definition dictates that an oneironaut is one that travels without moving.

Moving in this case refers to physical or bodily movement.

Had the dream again. This weekend.

It's never the same. In this one, I'm walking around some city that for some reason makes me think of Tokyo. I don't remember the action of the dream very clearly.

But within the dream, I recall murdering several people.

Like a repressed memory. Within the dream.

Not just murdering, but covering up the crimes. Dismantling bodies, disposing of them. I remember the sense of panic and revulsion and shame. That haunted feeling of not being caught.

In the dream, this memory comes back to me and I really have to consider whether it really happened because I'd spent so many years denying it.

My friend BOZE is with me in the dream: he admits that he killed someone too, but he doesn't think it counts because he committed his murder with a letter bomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home