Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dystopia


It's been one helluva writing week.

Finally finished a massive overhaul of a very old screenplay called "Dystopia". It was my senior thesis script @ NYU.

It was a huge endeavor, dusting it off. My writing style has matured significantly since college. Ubiquitous technologies like cell phones and the internet were in their relative infancy back then—and thus, did not exist in the draft.

The script's come a long fucking way. It's in the hands of my managers and agents this weekend. If they don't respond to it, I will be fucking bummed out. Not to say that I think it's perfect, but the current draft gets the story across.

I finished that mid-week.

Rest of the week, I completed a very detailed story-beat outline for another potential project. Sent it off to the producers early Friday evening, before catching an SPF show. It was a fuckload of work, that. And it still needs some tinkering. But I think it could make for a really exciting project. A psychological thriller that doesn't involve the supernatural, thankyouverymuch.

This weekend, I've got to pool some ideas together for an adaptation of a popular Poe short story.

My Paramount guy touched base briefly on Friday. The next stage of "Butcherhouse" should be happening soon. (Which is good, cuz I'm boutah go on Food Stamps, yo.)

And one of my managers tells me that I've got a fan at Fox Atomic, which could be good. I'll take what I can get.

Bigupp to all my haters. As ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home