Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Anti/Fuckin/Social

Nothing like some long, cold, dark walks home from the salt mines during a work week. Really puts the world into perspective. Do you know what I mean?

I am a slow fucking reader. I've got a tendency to read at the pace that I'd be reading the text aloud. Hearing the words in my head. Which is totally fucking wrong, apparently. Probably why I didn't actually get through half the books I was supposed to read throughout my school years. Over half the books, really. Shocked, aren't you?

I think screenwriting actually makes it worse because the form requires a spareness to your writing. Whittles down your patience for *real* prose.

But I'm steadily making my way through THE FOUNTAINHEAD. Helps to be chained to a desk for 10 hours a day. The writing is head-spinning. And the story... I think it's just what I need to be reading right now. My blood is cold and full of menace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home