Monday, December 17, 2007

Why So Serious?

I wonder if the writers strike will be over by the time this comes out...

I'm just about holiday partied out. A whole lot of partying for a holiday season I'm pretty grim over.

December 17th. It's absurd how swiftly time flies when everything's a mess. And yet the prospect of months more of this fucking strike feels like staring at an eternity.

No news. No progress. Some new tactics from the WGA that may or may not pay off, but nothing worth holding my breath for. Just pacing my expectations. Making slow progress on a new spec script I'll have ready when business starts up again. 45 pages in. Some big, splashy set-pieces to go. Don't know how much sense it'll make, or whether it'll add up to anything more than a ride, but I can worry over that when I look back at my career...

Please let it be dead at work this week. I do my best work in dead places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home