Monday, April 02, 2007

Season of the Centipede


Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that in the year and a half I've lived in the Fortress of Solitude 2.0, I've only encountered one roach -- a while ago.

What I have seen with some frequency, though, are some grisly looking house centipedes. They tend to come out in the spring and fall, Wikipedia tells us they're mostly harmless and actually prey on the bad pests. Another site throws a million pictures of them at us and pleads a case that they're "good bugs".

I don't like any fuckin bugs. Not to get misty-eyed, but one of the things I loved about the Fortress of Solitude 1.0 was that there weren't any kind of bugs. (The building was such a pain-in-the-ass to get to, even the roaches didn't want to bother!) But I digress...

To be fair, I only see these little fuckers sporadically. But they never fail to creep me the fuck out. I don't care if they're supposed to be good guys.

I call my house centipedes "Eric Balfour". The creepy-lookin douchebags of the insect world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home