Thursday, June 01, 2006

June Daze


June already? Seems only yesterday it was May! And here we plunge into the 6's...

The forecast for today looks positively criminal. Hot and thunderous. "Lord", why have you forsaken us?!

In what can only be described as perfect timing, the environment at my job may be on the edge of turning ugly...

I'll be the first one to admit that I've got a cush situation at work. As far as day jobs go, it's exactly what I wanted coming out of college. Not too difficult on most days. My nights and weekends free and clear. No obnoxious manager breathing down my neck and scrutinizing my every move. I get my work done and the higher-ups leave me alone. But that may all change this month...

In the interest of perceived progress, they're going to be implementing a new "work-flow" system that could totally fuck up my Eden. Less down-time. More tabs kept on the use of my hours. A reinvigorated Thought-Crimes Police.

I'll have to tough it out. I need this job. It's my safety net. Corporate funding for my dreams. It's only June. There's half a year left. A lot can happen yet...
+++
[Note to self: I must find a way to see this movie.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home