Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Frustrated, Incorporated


I write every day. Things I can't write in my blog, I'll write in my secret blog, or in an email to a friend, or in a play. There's very little I wouldn't write about in a play... but even then, some care must be taken.

I'm always keeping in mind who the audience is going to be. Who might regularly (or irregularly) read my blog? Who might stumble upon one of my secret blogs? Who might come see one of my plays...?

The play I'm writing now may rub some people the wrong way... [Thoughts deleted.]

The play I intend to write after this one takes place in an office. And I sincerely hope to not be in my current day job by the time it sees the light of day. Even then, I want to be careful about how I write some of the characters. The inspiration for my characters are usually rather thickly veiled, and the casting usually helps to cover it up even more.

For a person who runs a blog entitled "Misanthropy Central", I go to great lengths not to offend my friends.

Former friends, however, are all game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home